To reconstruct I should look, read what I and my co-authors have written at scholar, my blog, these pictures archive, and all the evaluations. Here some reflections:
- children always impress me with their creativity, intelligence, ability to cooperate
- assistants are also very motivated and they find solutions to the many challenges that arise each time
- Scratch is a great tool
- if you want to have an artistic component, artists should be heavily involved.
- we mix art, programming, learning, research and we are not enough aware (at least I am not) of the complexity.
- when we “use” people as subjects we should be extremely careful to be clear about the goals and communicate them well (also to children)
- Scratch now in 2017 is main stream and if the goal is to inspire we should aim at something that children have not experienced before
- the same apply to art, we should impress them with something that is a bit new to them
- we should always ask and re-ask what is the goal: do we want to inspire? to teach? to evaluate? to recruit? to teach teachers? to be visible in the public debate?